Raspberry Scones – A Delicious Treat
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2 cups All Purpose Flour
3 Tablespoons Sugar, divided
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ cup Margarine, cut up
2/3 cup Milk
1 Large egg, beaten
1/3 cup Raspberry jam (can substitute other flavors)
1. Grease cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, 2 Tablespoons sugar, the baking powder and salt.
3. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Stir in milk and egg until just combined.
5. Transfer dough to lightly floured surface and knead about 4 times until dough just holds together.
6. Divide dough in half
7. Roll one half into 8-inch circle and transfer to prepared cookie sheet.
8. Spread jam on top, leaving a ½ inch to 1 inch border.
9. Roll remaining dough into an 8-inch circle and place on top.
10. Press edges lightly to seal.
11. Sprinkle top with remaining sugar (1 Tablespoon)
12. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate (I use my pizza cutter for cutting).
13. Bake 20 minutes.
Top with whip cream or ice cream for a cool summer treat!